Accounting Interview Tips
The interview is an opportunity for both the employer and the applicant to gather information. The employer wants to know if you have the skills, knowledge, self-confidence, and motivation necessary for the job. He or she also wants to determine whether or not you will fit in with the organization's current employees and philosophy.
- Do your homeworkLook at the job description and learn about what the job entails. You should have the details about the particular company. Prepare some questions about the company, possible jobs.
- Be in timeArrive early for your interview and make sure you understand the directions to the location. If you are not familiar with the area, then get the information about the area before going to interview.
- Dress for successThink of this as an interview and keep in mind that dressing helps for making good impression. For men, a suit or sports coat and a tie are good. And for women, a suit with pants or a skirt are good.
- Practice your 1 minute elevator storyWhen an exhibitor asks you about your career goals, you should not take more than one minute to share your goals.
- Bring your resumeIf you are ready for a professional position, show it by having your resume prepared. It should be perfect.
- Listen carefullyDon't interrupt the interviewer. Ask for permission to take notes. If you are not getting the question, then ask for clarification.
- Collect business cardsWith the help of business cards, you can send a personalized thank you letters. So collect the business cards.