Rajasthan Pre-B.Ed. Exam 2008 Solved Paper
Section–A : Mental Ability :: Section–B : Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test
Section–C : General Awareness :: Section–D : Language Proficiency (English)
1. Mohan is 18th from either end of a row of boys ? How many boys are there in that row ?
2. In a class of 60 where boys are twice that of girls, Ramya ranked 17th from the top. If there are 9 boys ahead of Ramya, how many girls are after her in the rank ?
3. ‘Soldier’ is related to ‘Army’ in the same way as ‘Pupil’ is related to ……….
4. ‘Kilogram’ is related to ‘Quintal’ in the same way as ‘Paisa’ is related to ……….
5. ‘Stammering’ is to ‘Speech’ as Deafness is to ……….
6. ‘Guilt’ is to ‘Past’ as ‘Hope’ is to ……….
Directions—(Q. 7 to 9) based on the alphabets.
7. If the sequence of the alphabets is reversed which of the following would be the 14th letter from your left ?
(D) None of these
8. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter, which is 12th from the left ?
9. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is 10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right ?
10. What should come in the place of (?) in the given series ?
ACE, FGH, ?, PON
11. Typist : Typewriter : : Writer : ?
12. Paint : Artist : : Wood : ?
13. acme : mace : : alga : ?
14. EIGHTY : GIEYTH : : OUTPUT : ?
15. ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘Patient’ in the same way as ‘Education’ is related to—
16. Fill in the missing letter in the following series—
S, V, Y, B, ?
17. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series ?
3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20
18. Select the correct option in place of the question mark.
AOP, CQR, EST, GUV, ?
19. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series ?
1, 4, 9, 25, 36, ?
20. In a certain code ‘CONTRIBUTOR’ is written as ‘RTNOCIROTUB’. How is ‘prohibition’ written in that code ?
21. If ‘CAT’ and ‘BOAT’ are written as XZG and ‘YLZG’ respectively in a code language how is ‘EGG’ to be written in the same language ?
22. In a code language SINGER is written as AIBCED then GINGER will be written in the same code as—
23. If BAT is coded as 283, CAT is coded as 383 and ARE is coded as 801, then the code for BETTER is—
24. If water is called black, black is called tree, tree is called blue, blue is called rain, rain is called pink and pink is called fish in a certain language then what is the colour of sky called in that language ?
25. A man walks 3 km northwards and then turns left and goes 2 km. He again turns left and goes 3 km. He turns right and walks straight. In which direction he is walking now ?
26. One morning after sunrise Vikram and Shailesh were standing in a lawn with their back towards each other. Vikram’s shadow fell exactly towards left-hand side. Which direction Shailesh was facing ?
27. Nageena is taller than Pushpa but not as tall as Manish. Rama is taller than Namita but not as tall as Pushpa. Who among them is the tallest ?
28. In an examination Raj got more marks than Moti but not as many as Meena. Meena got more marks than Ganesh and Rupali. Ganesh got less marks than Moti but his marks are not the lowest in the group. Who is second in the descending order of marks ?
(D) None of these
29. Pointing to a photograph of a girl, Rajan said “She has no sister or daughter but her mother is the only daughter of my mother.” How is the girl in the photograph related with Rajan’s mother ?
(A) Sister in law
(B) Grand daughter
(C) Daughter in law
(D) None of these
30. If Amit’s father is Billoo’s father’s only son and Billoo has neither a brother nor a daughter. What is the relationship between Amit and Billoo ?
31. An application was received by inward clerk in the afternoon of a weekday. Next day he forwarded it to the table of the senior clerk, who was on leave that day. The senior clerk next day evening put up the application to the desk officer. Desk officer studied the application and disposed off the matter on the same day, i.e., Friday. Which day the application was received by the inward clerk ?
(B) Earlier week’s Saturday
32. Flight to Mumbai leaves every 5 hours. At the information counter I learnt that the flight took off 25 minutes before. If the time now is 10 : 45 a.m., what is the time for the next flight ?
(A) 2 : 20 a.m.
(B) 3 : 30 a.m.
(C) 3 : 55 p.m.
(D) 3 : 20 p.m.
33. Babloo ranked 16th from the top and 29th from the bottom among those who passed an examination. 6 boys did not participate in the competition and 5 failed in the examination. How many boys were there in that class ?
34. Indra is 7th from the left and Jaya is 5th from the right. When they interchange their position Jaya becomes 19th from the right. What is Indra’s position from the left ?
35. How many 5’s are there in the following sequence of numbers which are immediately preceded by 7 ?
8 9 5 3 2 5 3 8 5 5 6 8 7 3 3 5 7 7 5 3 6 5 3 3 5 7 3 8
Directions—(Q. 36 to 39) Select the one which is different from the other three.
36. (A) Bokaro
37. (A) January
38. (A) Bible
39. (A) Star
40. How many 8’s are there in the following sequence which are immediately preceded by 6 but not immediately followed by 5 ?
6 8 5 7 8 5 4 3 6 8 1 9 8 5 4 6 8 2 9 6 8 1 3 6 8 5 3 6
41. If EARTHQUAKE is coded as MOGPENJOSM then EQUATE will be coded as—
42 If COUNTRY is coded in certain way as EMWLVPA, ELECTORATE will be coded in the same manner as—
43. ‘Air’ is to ‘Bird’ as ‘Water’ is to ……….
44. ‘Pencil’ is to ‘Write’ as ‘Knife’ is to ……….
Directions—(Q. 45 to 50) Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
45. (A) Green
46 (A) Rabbit
47. (A) Polo
48. (A) Sun
49. (A) Cheese
50. (A) Carrot
Teaching Attitude and Aptitude Test
51. What will be most appropriate in case students conduct indecently ?
(A) To make them fell guilty
(B) To get very angry upon them
(C) To punish them
(D) To make them feel ashamed by preaching
52. Presently, the schools are not able to fulfil the following—
(A) Development of moral values
(B) Development of competence for financial prosperity
(C) Preparation of examinations for various degrees
(D) Development of affection and fraternity among children
53. Which of the following is most appropriate for a community school ?
(A) To lead the society
(B) To be the centre of social life
(C) To remain engaged in social activities
(D) To be honoured by society
54. The main task of a teacher is—
(A) to prepare good citizens from his students
(B) to compelte the prescribed syllabus
(C) to increase knowledge
(D) to do politics in the school
55. What should be the attitude of a teacher towards his students in the class ?
(B) He should pay more attention to weak students
(C) Equal for all students
(D) He should pay more attention to intelligent students
56. A teacher should be involved in social activities—
(B) only when needed
(C) very frequently
57. On a student’s repetitive failure in examination, you will—
(A) ridicule him
(B) advise him to sit at home and do some job
(C) advise him to appear in examination privately
(D) guide him in various subjects according to his needs
58. Why is the parents-Teachers Association considered to be important ?
(A) This helps the school function properly
(B) This helps in understanding students in a better way
(C) This helps in solving the students’ problem
(D) This helps the teachers and parents coming closer
59. What will you do to inclucate the sense of dignity of labour among your students ?
(A) You will present examples before them
(B) You will place real situation before them
(C) You will engage youself in a labour related work before them
(D) You will lecture on dignity of labour
60. What will be the consequence of encouraging women education, in your opinion ?
(A) The society will progress
(B) It will improve the financial position of women
(C) It will hamper the domestic chores
(D) It will make women independent
61. Which social quality of a teacher enhances his respect ?
(A) Camp organization for students
(B) Poem recitation
(C) Literary interests
(D) Community service
62. What is the objective of teaching Arithmetic in modern primary classes ?
(A) To help students solve real problems
(B) To impart the knowledge of various formulae and principles to students
(C) To provide knowledge of square roots, L.C.M. and H.C.M. to students
(D) The familiarise students with the Laws of Simple Mathematics and Tables
63. Syllabus at primary level should be inclined towards—
(B) Social development
(C) Exercises on comprehensive subjects
(D) All the aspects of child growth.
64. Co-curricular activities outside the class-room are given a definite place in the schoolplanning
(A) it helps the school in getting recognition from government
(B) it helps the high school to reach at par with college
(C) it helps the weak students exhibit their talent in other fields
(D) it enriches the school’s teaching programme
65. The purpose of student-council is to—
(A) develop the ability of self-discipline in students
(B) simplify the problems of school management committee
(C) help the Principal in gauging the morale of various students groups and organizations
(D) involve the students in the soultion of school related problems
66. What should the Teacher’s Association do if the Management Committee refuses to accept the demands of teachers ?
(A) Take help from Parents Association to pressurize the Management Committee
(B) Take help from students to pressurize the Management Committee
(C) Teachers’ representatives should talk to the Management Committee
(D) Should go on strike to put pressure on the Management Committee
67. What should be the basis of an effecitve and successful leadership ?
(A) Personal interest
(B) Service of the group
(C) Welfare of the whole group
68. What should a Principal do about justified demands of the student union ?
(A) Forward their demands to higher authorities
(B) Accept the demands after discussion
(C) Take decision after the incidents of strike and violence
(D) Bring the students on track after scolding them
69. What is advantage to students of participating in team sports ?
(A) Presentation of discipline
(B) Development of leadership qualities
(C) Enjoyment of sports and play
(D) Presentation of strength
70. What is the main responsibility of a classteacher ?
(A) To maintain discipline among the students
(B) To collect fees from students
(C) To maintain all records of the students of the class
(D) To remain alert about the health of students of class
71. …… is essential for the leadership quality.
(A) Social maturity
(B) High intellectual competence
(D) Adequate money
72. In your opinion the government sponsored Tree-Plantation Programme is.
(A) only for beautification
(B) for monetary gains
(D) of no use
73. You remain …… for the fulfilment of your responsibilities.
(D) Do nothing
74. To-day’s youth is wasting his time in useless activities. What will you do to make him understand the importance of time ?
(A) You will lecture him upon the importance of time
(B) You will reward the students who utilize their time properly
(C) You will set an example by utilizing your time
(D) You will punish those students who waste time
75. You are invited as chief guest in a function. You will—
(A) reach there on time
(B) reach late and fell proud
(C) reach before time
(D) reach late and apologize
76. If you want to reform education, you will begin at—
(A) Primary Level
(B) Secondary Level
(C) Graduate Level
(D) At any level
77. Ideal education is helpful in the following—
(A) A person’s livelihood
(B) A person’s self-dependence
(C) Enhancement in a person’s prestige
(D) Making a person into an intellectual
78. If you win a lottery, what will you do with the money ?
(A) Purchase a house
(B) Visit tourist places
(C) Purchase a car
(D) Open a school
79. Following is a mean of ‘Distance Education’—
80. Why is the knowledge of first-aid essential for a teacher ?
(A) Students may need first-aid any time
(B) Teacher needs it for his own health
(C) For the treatment of children, when they get injured in sports ground
(D) It increases the knowledge of a teacher
81. Adult education is for—
(A) illiterate adults
(B) school going adults
(C) normal adult people
(D) All of these
82. When your student performs well you will—
(A) express your happiness
(B) admire him
(C) feel jealous
(D) remain quiet
83. Generally, if students are informed about their performances soon after the examination is over, it is effective in—
(A) humiliating them
(B) punishing them
(C) tempting them
(D) strengthening their inspiration
84. What should be done to maintain discipline among students ?
(A) They should be asked questions
(B) They should be entrusted with responsibility
(C) They should be prevented from making noise
(D) They should be made to follow rules
85. Which quality is most important for students ?
(A) Hard work
(D) Independent thinking
86. What will you do if your students do not take interest in studies ?
(A) You will take interest in your teaching
(B) You will make your teaching more interesting
(C) You will give examples of meritorious students
(D) You will try to know the reason for lack of interest
87. Generally, it is believed that a teacher should be ………… with the students.
(A) strict and unapproachable
(B) strict and introvert
(C) respectable, but friendly
(D) independent and approachable
88. If a student is not able to answer in your class then you will—
(A) ask another student to answer
(B) ask easier question
(C) punish him
(D) ask him to sit down
89. What will be your reaction when an otherwise punctual student comes late in your class ?
(A) You will ignore it
(B) You will try to know the reason for coming late
(C) You will scold him before other students in the class
(D) Ask him to leave the class
90. If a student avoids meeting others then—
(A) he should be left alone
(B) he should be involved in group activities
(C) he should be asked to meet others
(D) he should be compelled to meet his classmates
91. You worship God because—
(A) your friends tell you to do so
(B) it gives you inner strength
(C) you have religious atmosphere at home
(D) you fear God
92. Which of the following is most appropriate about your honesty ?
(A) I am the most honest person
(B) I have done all my tasks with a sense of duty
(C) I never accepted any gift for any work
(D) I have turned down so many tempting offers
93. If a person talks bad about your parents before you, what will you do ?
(A) Tell him to shut up
(B) Listen him carefully
(C) Break relationship with him
(D) Join him in this act
94. What is the most effective way to reform the aggressive behaviour of a child ?
(A) He should be kept in isolation
(B) Reasons for this behaviour should be investigated
(C) He should be punished severely
(D) He should be ignored
95. What will you do as Principal if a teacher of the school does not come to a function of school on time ?
(A) You will ask him to meet you after the function is over
(B) You will complain this to the management committee of the school
(C) You will scold him before everyone
(D) You will tell him about his responsibilities
96. What should a teacher do when examinations are near ?
(A) Complete the syllabus by calling students at his home
(B) Complete the syllabus by devoting extra time in school
(C) Ask the students to complete the syllabus themselves
(D) Help them solving with important questions
97. How will you resolve you differences with your colleague ?
(A) By arguing before other colleagues
(B) Complain to the Principal
(C) Resolve it mutually by trying to know the reason for this
(D) By ridiculing him
98. What is essential for the self-confidence of a teacher ?
(A) Authority on subject
(C) Attractive personality
99. All teachers in school should be punctual because—
(A) this will make students also punctual
(B) students will understand the importance of time
(C) this will inculcate good habit in students
(D) Students become carefree
100. There is fear of social-evils affecting the schools. What will be your attitude to prevent it ?
(C) Similar to other teachers
1. (D) 2. (B)
3. (D) As ‘Soldier’ is a part of ‘Army’ in the same way ‘Pupil’ is a part of ‘Class’.
5. (B) As ‘Stammering’ is a defect of ‘Speech’ in the same way ‘Deafness’ is a defect of ‘Hearing’.
7. (D) The 14th letter from the left in the sequence of alphabet when it is reversed, is M.
8. (B) The letter 12th from the left in alphabet is L and the 8th letter to the right of ‘L’ is ‘T’.
9. (C) The last but one letter from the right is Y and from Y the 10th letter to left is O and from O, 8th letter to the right is ‘W’.
11. (B) As the tool for ‘Typist’ is ‘Typewriter’, similarly the tool for the writer is ‘Pen’.
12. (D) As ‘Paint’ is used by ‘Artist’, similarly ‘Wood’ is used by ‘Carpenter’.
13. (D) 14. (D)
15. (C) As ‘Medicine’ cures the ‘Patient’, similarly ‘Education’ educates the ‘Student’.
16. (C) 17. (D) 18. (C) 19. (B) 20. (D) 21. (C) 22. (B)
23. (A) 24. (C) 25. (B) 26. (D) 27. (A) 28. (C) 29. (B) 30. (C)
31. (C) The application was received by the inward clerk on Wednesday.
32. (D) 33. (D) 34. (A)
35. (A) Reqd. ‘5’s are printed boldly in the sequence below :
8 9 5 3 2 5 3 8 5 5 6 8 7 3 3 5 7 7 5 3 6 5 3 3 5 7 3 8
36. (D) All the rest cities are famous for Ironindustry.
37. (B) Each of the rest month has thirtyone days.
38. (B) All the rest are religious books.
39. (C) All the rest are heavenly bodies.
40. (C) Reqd. ‘8’s are printed boldly in the sequence below :
6 8 5 7 8 5 4 3 6 8 1 9 8 5 4 6 8 2 9 6 8 1 3 6 8 5 3 6
41. (D) 42. (D)
43. (B) As ‘Birds’ fly in ‘Air’, similarly ‘Fish’ swim in ‘Water’.
44. (B) As ‘Pencil’ is used for ‘Writing’, similarly ‘Knife’ is used to ‘Peel’.
45. (C) All the rest are different ‘colours’.
46. (A) All the rest are related with water.
47. (A) All the rest are indoor games.
48. (B) All the rest heavenly bodies.
49. (B) All the rest products are made from ‘Milk’.
50. (D) All the rest grow under ground.
51. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
52. (A) 3 (B) 0 (C) – 1 (D) 2
53. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
54. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
55. (A) – 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 0
56. (A) 0 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) –1
57. (A) – 1 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) 3
58. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) 0
59. (A) 0 (B) – 1 (C) 3 (D) 2
60. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 0
61. (A) 2 (B) – 1 (C) 0 (D) 3
62. (A) 3 (B) 0 (C) – 1 (D) 2
63. (A) 0 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 3
64. (A) 2 (B) – 1 (C) 0 (D) 3
65. (A) 3 (B) – 1 (C) 2 (D) 0
66. (A) 2 (B) 0 (C) 3 (D) – 1
67. (A) – 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 0
68. (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) – 1 (D) 0
69. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
70. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 0
71. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
72. (A) 2 (B) 0 (C) 3 (D) – 1
73. (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 0 (D) – 1
74. (A) 0 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) – 1
75. (A) 3 (B) – 1 (C) 2 (D) 0
76. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
77. (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 0 (D) – 1
78. (A) 0 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 3
79. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
80. (A) 3 (B) 0 (C) 2 (D) – 1
81. (A) 3 (B) 0 (C) 2 (D) – 1
82. (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) – 1 (D) 0
83. (A) 0 (B) – 1 (C) 3 (D) 2
84. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 0 (D) 2
85. (A) 2 (B) 0 (C) – 1 (D) 3
86. (A) 0 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 3
87. (A) 0 (B) – 1 (C) 3 (D) 2
88. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) – 1 (D) 0
89. (A) 0 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) – 1
90. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) 0
91. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) 0
92. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) 0
93. (A) 3 (B) 0 (C) 2 (D) – 1
94. (A) – 1 (B) 3 (C) 2 (D) 0
95. (A) 2 (B) 0 (C) – 1 (D) 3
96. (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) – 1 (D) 0
97. (A) 2 (B) 0 (C) 3 (D) – 1
98. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
99. (A) 3 (B) 2 (C) 0 (D) – 1
100. (A) 3 (B) – 1 (C) 2 (D) 0