1. According to World Bank's latest report India is now the world's ________wealthiest nation?(A) Fourth
2. Which among the following companies launched its super luxury hot wheels: 'Gallardo' and 'Murcielago'in India?
(B) Rolls Royce
3. Which among the following southern states is all set to launch “Tourism-on-Wheels” project incollaboration with the Indian Railways?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Tamil Nadu
4. Isuzu Motors Ltd, Japan's largest maker of light trucks has decided to start making buses in India in2007 in association with:
(B) Ashok Leyland
(C) Swaraj Mazda
(D) Mahindra and Mahindra
5. In an attempt to enhance the quality of customer service and strengthen the grievance redressalmechanism, the Reserve Bank of India has constituted a new department Customer ServiceDepartment (CSD). Which of the following is not among the key responsibilities of the department?
(A) Dissemination of instructions or information relating to customer service.
(B) Grievance redressal by banks and the RBI.
(C) Administering the Banking Ombudsman (BO) scheme and act as a nodal department for theBanking codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI).
(D) All of the above
6. The new ICC president David Morgan belongs to which among the following countries?
(B) South Africa
(D) New Zealand
7. Which among the following countries has the maximum amount of external debt?
8. Tata Sky is a satellite television company in India, formed through a joint venture between the TataGroup and
(A) Star TV
(C) Sky Italia
9. 'Eco Mark' is given to the Indian products that are:
(A) pure and unadulterated
(B) rich in protein
(C) economically viable
10. The indicator of economic prosperity is:
(A) increase in gross national product at current prices
(B) increase in net national product at current prices
(C) increase in gross national product at fixed prices
(D) increase in net national product at fixed prices
11. Cairn Energy, which is exploring oil in Rajasthan, belongs to
12. The youngest ever Indian to achieve a Grandmaster norm in Chess is:
(A) Sahaj Grover
(B) Saina Nehwal
(C) Parimarjan Negi
(D) D Harika
13. Which among the following is not a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India?
(A) National Housing Bank
(B) National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development
(C) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India
(D) Exim Bank of India
14. The December 2006 Asian Games were held in
(B) Abu Dhabi
15. The service tax umbrella does not cover
(A) Pathology labs
(B) Telecom services
(C) Coaching institutes
(D) Catering services
16. Which company launched a premium prêt denim line in the Indian fashion arena, co branding it withJohn Abraham?
(C) Lee Copper
(D) Milky Way
17. The National Stock Exchange incorporated in 1992, in terms of transactions holds:
(A) fifth rank in the World.
(B) third rank in the World.
(C) seventh rank in the World.
(D) does not figure in the top 10.
18. Which country, of the following, is the biggest contributor for Foreign Direct Investment in India between1991 and 2004?
(D) United Kingdom
19. SAFTA stands for
(A) South Asia Free Trade Agreement
(B) South African Federation for Tribal Advancement
(C) South Asian Forum for Tourism Agreements
(D) None of the above
20. Which company, out of the following, does not figure in the “Forbes Global 2000” year 2005 ranking?
21. Introduction of 3G services in telecommunication industry will NOT include which of the followingfeatures?
(A) Video Streaming
(B) Stock Transactions
22. Which Finance Minister resigned after a report on Haridas Mundhra share imbroglio was published in1958?
(A) GK Iyengar
(B) Ramanand Shastri
(C) TT Krishnamachari
(D) V Padmanabhan
23. Which state tops the revenues collected under the implemented VAT tax regime?
(B) Andhra Pradesg
24. Which player won the country's highest ever professional Golf Prize held at China?
(A) Shiv Kapur
(B) Jeev Milkha Singh
(C) Gaurav Ghei
(D) Jyoti Randhawa
25. Who is the current Union Minister for Commerce and Industry?
(A) PC Chidambram
(B) MS Ahluwalia
(C) Praful Patel
26. Kevin Rollins is the CEO of which American Corporate giant employing direct business model?
(A) Wall Mart
27. According to the “India-Pacific Wealth Report”, the number of millionaire investors in India has grown to
28. NIIT Technologies have established ties with a Singapore agency to market GeBiz. What is GeBiz?
(A) Electronic business portal of Singapore Govt
(B) Portal of Income Tax department of Singapore
(C) GE's commercial arm based at Singapore
(D) None of the above
29. The investment giant set up by Warren Buffet is:
(A) DSP Merryl Lynch
(B) Berkshire Hathway
(C) GE Capital
(D) Citi Capital
30. Who has been awarded the Phalke Ratna Award in April 2008?
(B) Amitabh bachchan
(C) Ramanand Sagar
(C) 2. (C) 3. (A) 4. (C) 5. (D) 6. (A) 7. (A) 8. (A)9. (D) 10. (C)
11. (B) 12. (C) 13. (D) 14. (A) 15. (A) 16. (B)17. (B) 18. (A)
19. (A) 20. (D) 21. (C) 22. (C) 23. (A) 24. (B)25. (D) 26. (B)
27. (A) 28. (A) 29. (B) 30. (D)